When planning a viewing trip, you need to allow yourself enough time to establish that the area and property are for you. How much time you need will depend entirely on how many areas you’re considering, how many properties you plan on looking at, and whether you want any days off in between to head to the beach or off the beaten track.
We recommend renting a property located within your chosen area. This can be organized on your behalf. This will give you a valuable glimpse into what life will be like for you when you spend time there.
We can reserve an apartment for you in the area (these costs will be refunded to you up to a maximum of €250 per couple if you purchase through us as result of the inspection trip) and advise us of the flight details.
The inspection trip will normally take 3 days which includes an appointment with the lawyers who will also give you all the necessary information required whilst buying a property here in Spain and including all the up to date legal information you need while living here.
It is a good idea to bring a deposit with you should you find the right property to buy so you are able to take it off the market while you are here. Normally between €6,000 – €10,000 (Credit Card)
If you’re not sure about where to buy, it’s a good idea to sit down and work out the essentials you need from both your location and your property. A good start is to ask yourself the following questions:
- What is your maximum budget ?
- What is your timeframe, ie. 3 Months, 6 Months or 1 year.
- What area are you looking at? For example, Manilva, Duquesa or elsewhere on the Costa del Sol.
- Would you rather live in a city, suburb, town, coastal resort or the countryside?
- How far away do you want to be from the nearest shops, bars, restaurants, markets and beaches?
- How close do you want to be to an airport?
- Are there adequate pharmacy and medical facilities in the area?
- What else needs to be close by – schools, entertainment, gym, or anything else?
- Will you need to use public transport? If so, how far away is it from the property and how often does it run?
- What type of property do you see yourself living in? A new build apartment, family home, or Villa?
- How big does it need to be? How many bedrooms? How many bathrooms?
- Would you prefer to live in an old house or something new? If old, are you happy to manage a serious renovation? Or perhaps a redecoration is more in line with your plans?
- Do you need a terrace ?
- Off-road parking ?
- A garden ?
- A swimming pool ?
- Maybe you are looking for some land with fruit trees ?
- What type of view (if any!) do you require from the property ?
- What else is needed to fulfil your property requirements ?
This will help determine what kind of Spanish property is best for you, we recommend sitting down and listing everything that comes to mind about what you want, and need so when you arrive here on the Costa del Sol we will have a clear idea of what you are looking for.